Monday, January 7, 2013

Our Basement Challenges, Ideas and Inspirations......
As I would love to take full credit for all my renovation ideas and designs, but I can't. I find myself taking inspirations from all around; tv, online, home improvements stores, houses that my husband does work at, etc. 

One of our first thoughts were "what are we going to do with the floors down there?" 
As much as I would love to put gorgeous hardwood floors down there, (especially since we have an overstock of beautiful real hardwood floors sitting in our attic right now.) we decided that might not be a good idea - for water purposes.  If we get water down there we are screwed.
Next thought - tile.... Yeah that could be nice but we want something different.  Something nice but different.  

Hubby suggests: Why not just stain and seal the concrete floors?  Hmmmm, that could be nice.

After searching online for pictures so I had a better idea of what they would look like, I came across this one, and fell in love!!!!


Yup!!!  Let's stain the floors.  




After that was pretty much decided, It was time for me to move onto what to do with the playroom.  The playroom is a big deal for me because I want to make sure my kids have a space to call theirs (besides their bedrooms).  I needed a space that was going to grown with them...


 










Next was paint colors. 
It must be bright, they say bright colors promotes creativity.  But can not be too bright as I don't want to give my little monsters a headache.


and you can't forget the chalkboard!
Every child should be able to put his/her art all over the walls, without ruining the paint that is.








Now lets move onto the main living area


Built-in around the TV is a must. I hate seeing clutter.  Dvd's, cd, video games, etc... All must not be seen. 


This is pretty much as far as I have gotten.  I have spent alot of time on the kids area, now its time for me to plan the "adult" area.  

I can say there will be a pool table, and hopefully a bar.  I really hope a bar...  But we'll see.  




Stay tuned for more pics once we get a little further in the project!!!  Check back soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment